For the brownies
- 6 weight ounce dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Deschutes Obsidian Stout
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
For the Sundaes:
- 10 wt oz dark chocolate (plus additional chocolate chips for servings, if desired)
- 1/3 cup chocolate stout
- 2 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add 6 oz chocolate and 1/3 cup Deschutes Obsidian Stout to the top of a double boiler, stir until melted, remove from heat.
- In a large bowl stir together the melted butter and both kinds of sugar. Stir in the eggs.
- Stir in the chocolate and beer.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt, stir until just combined.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350F for 28-30 minutes or until the top is slightly firm and the batter no longer jiggles when the pan is shaken. Remove from oven, allow to cool completely, at least one hour. Brownies are best made a day ahead of time.
- Remove the brownies from the pan using the parchment paper.
- Cut into four squares.
- Add the remaining 10 wt oz dark chocolate to the top of a double boiler along with the remaining 1/3 cup stout. Stir until melted, remove from heat. Can be made a day ahead of time. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, reheat slightly before using.
- Plate one brownie, top with ice cream, then another brownie, then another scoop of ice cream. Drizzle with chocolate sauce, sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired.