For The Potatoes
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp sage, minced
- ½ tsp thyme. minced
- ½ tsp rosemary, minced
- 3 tbs Boulevard Heavy Lifting IPA
For the Salmon
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ¼ cup shallots
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Boulevard Bully Porter
- 2 tbs molasses (not blackstrap)
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 4 (4-6 ounce) Salmon fillets
To Make the Potatoes:
- Add the potatoes to a pot of lightly salted boiling water. Allow to boil until fork tender. Drain and return to pot.
- Add the remaining potato ingredients, stir and mash with a potato masher until well combined.
To Make The Salmon:
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Add the oil to a pot over medium high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add the shallots, cook until softened and slightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the soy, Porter, molasses, smoked paprika,onion powder and chili powder. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened, about 6 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray lightly with cooking spray (or drizzle with vegetable oil.
- Place salmon on the foil, skin side down.
- Brush liberally with glaze.
- Broil for 3 minutes, re-brush with glaze, and place under the broiler for 3 more minutes. Repeat (re-brushing and broiling) until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve over potatoes.