Beer Cheeseburger Pie with Dill Pickle Potato Chip Crust
- 1 (8.5 oz) bag of Kettle Brand Dill Pickle Potato Chips
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup Summit Winter Ale
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 ½ cups cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon pale ale
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a food processor add the potato chips, process until just crumbs remain. Add the flour, processing until combined.
- While the food processor is running, add the melted butter until well combined with the crumbs.
- Press into a 9inch pie pan. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, make the filling.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions, cooking until softened and starting to brown. Add the beef, stirring and breaking up until starting to brown. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in the Summit Winter Ale
- Sprinkle with flour, stirring until thickened.
- Add half a cup of cheese, stir until combined with the beef. Repeat with another half cup of cheese. Stir in the tomatoes.
- Add the filling to the crust, sprinkle with the remaining 1 ½ cups cheese.
- Put the pie in the oven just until the cheese has melted, about 3 minutes.
- Stir together the sauce ingredients.
- Serve the pie slices drizzled with sauce.