- Canola oil for frying
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 12 ounces STONE GO TO IPA
- 3 cups cauliflower florets (stems removed)
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegan margarine, melted
- Heat 4 inches of canola oil in a pot over medium high heat. Clip a deep fry thermometer on the side and bring oil to 350F, adjust heat to maintain this temperature.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, garlic powder and cornstarch.
- Pour two tablespoons of the beer into a small container, set aside. Add the remaining beer to the flour bowl along with 2 tablespoons water, whisk until combined adding additional water to thin until the batter is the thickness of pancake batter.
- Turn the oven to 175F. Place a wire rack over a baking sheet, add the baking sheet to the oven.
- One at a time dip the florets into the batter until well coated, then add to the hot oil. Fry until golden brown on all sides, about 4 minutes, then transfer to the baking sheet in the oven to keep warm until all cauliflower is done.
- Stir together the reserved beer, buffalo sauce, and butter.
- Add the deep fried cauliflower to a bowl, drizzle with sauce, toss until well coated, serve immediately.