4 lbs pork shoulder, trimmed and cubed into 1/2″ pieces
- 24 oz Voodoo Ranger Atomic Pumpkin beer
- 1.5 cans pumpkin puree or pure pumpkin
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 poblano pepper, stemmed, seeded and diced
- 2-3 serrano peppers, stemmed, seeded and diced
- 3-4 chipotle peppers, diced with adobo sauce
- 1/3-1/2 cup fresh ground chili powder (adjust to your taste)
- 3 Tbsp + 1 tsp mexican oregano
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2-1 oz bakers chocolate, finely chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch of cayenne
- flour for dusting
- place a large dutch oven over med-high heat. Add a bit of oil. Dust pork with flour. Toss pork into dutch oven and brown in batches.
- Drain. Add pork back in the dutch oven. Add in the VooDoo Ranger Atomic Pumpkin beer, 1 tsp mexican oregano, chile powder, and chipotle peppers with sauce. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- While pork is simmering, in another skillet over med-high heat, add in the poblano, serrano, garlic, onion, and crushed red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 7-8 minuntes, until soft. Add in tomatoes and pumpkin puree. Cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Dump veggie mixture into pork mixture. Add in remaining oregano. Simmer for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, add in all the beans and most of the pumpkin spice. Then add in 1/2 oz of chocolate. Cook for 15 minutes. Taste and adjust. Both chocolate and pumpkin spice go a long way. So add in a bit at a time after, taste, and adjust if you need.
- Ladle into bowls. Garnish with a dollop of pumpkin yogurt (mix 1 cup greek yogurt, 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, pinch of cinnamon). And remember, chili is always better the next day.